School Bus Aide / Matron:
- Escorts children to and from the bus and returns them to the appropriate person at school or home. Assists children with getting settled upon arrival, remembering backpacks, and other needs.
- Enforces safety procedures and behavioral rules. Ensures children are properly positioned and seated on bus, with seatbelts fastened.
- Promotes positive interactions on the bus by stimulating children with songs, games, stories, and other activities
- Insures that parent or appropriate caregiver is aware of daily schedule and acknowledges each child’s safe return.
- Acts as a liaison between parents and teachers, relaying special requests or needs. Delivers notes, papers or other materials as requested.
- Observes children daily and reports behavioral or health issues and other potential concerns to parents and teachers.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Work independently; communicate well, relate to children in a positive way; maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions; maintain a self-management system including schedules and daily logs.
- Physically assist in the lifting and moving of students as is appropriate.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Criminal background check conducted.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred, but not required.
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, climb stairs
- Ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in heat/cold for short periods of time
- Ability to sit/stand up to 2 hours at a time
Start date for this position will be ASAP